To add static text like labels or images like logos, please select a cell in the page first.
Adding Text Labels
After selecting an empty cell, press Text. This will create a default editable label and put the text Editable text in
Type to edit the field in place. Click outside the cell or press return to end editing.
- ReportWeaver will rescale the grid after you edit the text. Grid layout
- To edit a label later double click on the cell. This will pop up the in place text editor.
- To remove a label select Clear from the toolbar.
- Labels can not contain line breaks. They always have one line.
- The title line is also just a label and can be edited by double clicking.
- Per default label are single line text. To add a multi-line label see below.
- A label cell uses the same text style for the whole cell.
Adding multi line labels
To add a multi line label select
Add->Multi Line Label from the menu. This will open the multi line label editor.
After selecting a cell, press Picture. This will open the file chooser where you can select an
image file. ReportWeaver supports GIF, JPEG and PNG formats.
- ReportWeaver will rescale the grid after the image has been added. Grid layout
- To remove a picture select Clear from the toolbar.
- This feature only adds static images. Dynamic business graphics will be supported in a later
Adding with Drag and Drop
Text and images can also be added by drag and drop from other applications.
- You can drag image files from the explorer (Windows) or the file manager (Unix) to the page template.
- You can drag text directly from a text editor like emacs or Microsoft Word onto the page template.
Note: Please see the chapter on Grid layout for drag
and drop placement.