To set up your jdbc data connection, please use the JDBC schema wizard.
To set up a new connection, start the jdbc connection wizard from your start page.
To change a connection in a schema file, apply the jdbc connection wizard to an existing schema file.
Setting connection parameters
- Please choose the predefined drivers from the list. If you do not find a suitable driver, please select "other".
- This will display the driver class. You can overwrite this class name to use a different driver. If the driver class, can not be found in the classpath, then (upon pressing next) the file chooser will pop up where you can choose a jar file with the driver.
- Fill out the user name for your database connection.
- Fill out the password for your database connection.
- For known drivers, you just have to fill the fields in the property list.
- Please double-click into the Value column, to edit a setting.
- If you want to specify special parameters, or if you are using a new driver, then you need to fill the connection url (command string) directly.
- This is the connection string that will be passed to the driver.
- When you press next, the template studio will test the connection and then load the available tables.