There are two ways to run a report from the IDE.
Running the report template currently being edited.
This is done by selecting the Run button from the
toolbar, or by selecting View/Run from the menu.
Running a specific report template
Please open the report list in the structure pane, and press the right mouse
button over a report to pop up the context menu.
- Use Edit to look at the design rather than the resulting
- Select Run to run the template and to
view it interactively.
- Print Sends the report directly to the default printer.
- Print... Pops up the printer selection dialog, and prints
the report on the selected printer.
- Export CSV Select export to run the template and to export
it in an office compatible
format. (Comma separated values- CSV)
- Export HTMLSelect this to generate the report as a html
file which can be viewed in a web browser. Export as Html also supports the
XHtml format which can be used to process the resulting file with XML tools.
(E.g. XSLT Transformations) Pops up the html export wizard to configure
- Export XML Generates an XML file from the report. This is
different from the xhtml format, as it is not layout, but rather data oriented.
Pops up the file chooser to select a file to write to.
- Export PDF Generates an Adobe PDF (Portable Document
Format) file for the report.
- Run The run button in the toolbar runs the report in the
editor. (Not the one in the template list)